Wills, Powers of Attorney, Appointment of Medical Treatment Decision Maker & Estates
As an inevitable part of life, we need to make allowance for and consider who will manage our affairs for us if we are not capable of doing so ourselves. The older we are, the more important this becomes. SMR Legal’s Will & Power of Attorney lawyers provide a helping, trusted hand to deal with these issues.
Our Estate lawyers also provide an expert level of advice and advocacy in relation to Estate matters. We understand that this can be a sensitive and emotional time for our clients and accordingly, our legal services are provided with warmth and compassion. We deliver information in plain English and take action in an efficient and timely manner.
Our areas of expertise:
- Preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney (Financial and Personal and Appointment of Medical Treatment Decision Makers
- The Administration of Deceased Estates (Probate and Letters of Administration)
- Investigating concerns about the care of the elderly or vulnerable
- Assistance in assessing the capacity of a person to manage his or her finances or lifestyle
- Making applications to VCAT for appointment of an Administrator or Guardian
- Assistance in understanding and formalising the transfer of assets from one generation to another and the impact on social security, including moving from the family home to retirement village, independent living or supported accommodation
- Liaising with medical staff, carers and financial service providers